ZETA PHI BETA SORORITY, INCORPORATED
DELTA EPSILON ZETA CHAPTER
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. was founded January 16, 1920, at Howard University, Washington, D.C.
Five coeds envisioned a sorority which would directly affect positive change, chart a course of action for the 1920s and beyond, raise consciousness of their people, encourage the highest standards of scholastic achievement, and foster a greater sense of unity among its members. These women believed that sorority elitism and socializing overshadowed the real mission for progressive organizations and failed to address fully the societal mores, ills, prejudices, and poverty affecting humanity in general and the black community in particular.
Since its inception, Zeta has continued its steady climb into the national spotlight with programs designed to demonstrate concern for the human condition both nationally and internationally.
The organization has been innovative in that it has chronicled a number of firsts. It was the first National Pan-Hellenic Council organization to centralize its operations in a national headquarters, first to charter a chapter in Africa, first to form auxiliary groups, and first to be constitutionally bound to a fraternity, Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. The sorority takes pride in its continued participation in transforming communities through volunteer services from members and its auxiliaries. Zeta Phi Beta has chartered hundreds of chapters worldwide and has a membership of 100,000+
Delta Epsilon Zeta's History
Delta Epsilon Zeta Chapter received its charter in West Palm Beach, Florida on June 1, 1949. Its founders are Anne H. Brewer, Elizabeth Stubbs-Munnings, Gertrude Eutsay, Janie Coleman Miles, and Panchetta Harrison.
Delta Epsilon Zeta's Philosophy
Delta Epsilon Zeta Chapter is the "Premier" Chapter of the Palm Beaches. We work, give, and sacrifice today impacting lives not just for tomorrow but for the future.
"Building on the Principles of Zeta, While Blazing New Paths!"